Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Making friends with food

Hello Pals,

Hope you are all well. I am sitting here wondering. Wondering. Wondering what is it with Paige's kids and their intelligence! I mean it gets from bad to worse, no matter how many documentaries I show the on Discovery Channel and National Geographic of lioness and other animals hunting down their pray, they still don't get it.

Leia went for a long walk with one of my humans and came back all happy happy and excited about her new friends Gertrude and Blackie and her other friends Cyril and Gail and their clan. I was
watching TV and wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying. She kept on blablabing and saying how cool they were and how Blackie swam in the pond. I didn't think much about it at first to be honest, and thought they were a bunch of Chihuahuas. She has all sorts of weird friends. Then, she said something about Gertrude sitting on eggs.... Sitting on eggs?! Who on earth sits on eggs? I found the whole thing puzzling but didn't say anything. I assumed that being Leia, she must have misinterpreted a game her friends were playing or something... Until my human left her phone laying around and I decided to take a peek.

Oh how I wish I could unsee what I've seen. To say I am shocked is an understatement. I have never in my life seen anything so horrific, disgusting... I am lost for words! To say I am shocked is an understatement. Gertrude and Blackie are swans... or ducks ... or whatever (I am not very technical with birds and their subspecies) and Cyril and Gail and their clan are peacocks and peahens. My doG Leia! How many times do I have to tell
you not to play with your food much less make friends with it! Geeze! She made friends with MY favorite dish. Do I laugh or cry? Do I despair? For some reason or another, she (or Paige for that matter!) cannot get it into their pea sized brain that POULTRY IS FOOD. You hunt it down and bring it home so the human can feed it to us. YOU DO NOT MAKE FRIENDS WITH IT. After today, I guess it is safe to say it is time to give up on my life long dream of living like the lions of the Savannah whereby their lionesses hunt down pray and bring it to them. My 'lionesses' insist on making friends with my food!

Off for a nap my friends. I need to rest after this. Until next time,


Love Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment